Haynes Custom Handcrafted Flute Warranty
Thank you for purchasing a Wm. S. Haynes Co. Handmade flute! Haynes Handmade flutes are designed and manufactured to provide many years of enjoyment and reliable performance. We are pleased to offer a limited warranty that applies to all new products directly purchased through our authorized dealer network or directly through Wm. S. Haynes Co.
- This warranty covers Wm. S. Haynes Co. Handmade flutes unconditionally against defects in materials or craftsmanship for 1 year.
- All soldered joints are warrantied for life for the original purchaser.
- The Wm. S. Haynes Co. warrants Haynes Handmade Flutes to be free of defect in material or workmanship for 1 year after product purchase from an authorized dealer or directly from Haynes.
- Haynes will, at its option, repair or replace any item found to have been defective in materials or manufacture under the terms stated here.
- Haynes shall be the sole arbiter of eligibility for warranty repair or replacement.
- Haynes liability is limited to repair or replacement of defective items.
Eligibility and Warranty Service:
- The Wm. S. Haynes Co. shall, after its investigation, determine if the flute is eligible for warranty service. Haynes will either repair or replace the instrument free of charge to the customer or dealer.
- To be eligible for warranty coverage, the original purchaser of the item must present the defective item, together with the original receipt of purchase, to the dealer from which it was purchased. If your flute has been purchased directly from Haynes, then you should contact Haynes directly.
- The dealer will then make all necessary arrangements with Haynes for repair or replacement of the defective item.
- This eligibility is limited to the original purchaser, whether through outright purchase or through a school or institutional purchase.
- This warranty becomes void if you have repairs done outside of the Haynes dealer network without expressed written consent from a Haynes representative.
- Haynes will not reimburse you for work on instruments done during the warranty period but outside of our authorized repair network.
- Haynes offers a 12 month headjoint exchange for flutes purchased directly through Haynes.
- Headjoints must be exchanged as a sellable headjoint in unblemished condition, free of scratches or dings, and not altered to fit your flute.
- If you choose to exchange a headjoint with different specifications, then the amount of the difference in price will either be charged or refunded.
This warranty does not cover:
- Damage, deterioration, or malfunctioning due to accident, misuse, abuse, and/or improper operation or use.
- Any instrument which has been altered or on which the serial number has been altered, defaced, or removed.
- Normal wear and clean, oil, and adjust which are considered regular maintenance.
- Deterioration due to perspiration, corrosive atmosphere, or external causes such as extreme temperature or humidity
- Springs, pads, felt parts, accessories, swabs, or cleaning cloths
- Any evidence of alteration, erasing or forgery of proof-of-purchase documents
Cases and Case Covers:
This limited 1 year warranty applies only to the original purchaser of a case, purchased either with an instrument or purchased separately.
- Damage caused by either normal wear, or by misuse or neglect is not covered.
- The Haynes warranty responsibilities and liabilities are limited to repair or replacement of defective cases for 1 year from the date of purchase.
- This or any other Haynes warranty does not cover damage to instruments, or other personal property being stored or transported in Haynes cases.
The Wm. S. Haynes Company reserves the right to make changes to this warranty. The policies in place at the time of purchase will be honored.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may have other rights that vary from state to state.